What is a Point to Multi-Point System used for?
A Point to Multi-Point (P2MP) System is used to connect wireless capability from one location to multiple locations.
Common examples include:
- Sending Wi-Fi from an RV Park office to all the RV Park stalls
- Sending Wi-Fi from a home to a pool and/or club house
Where is a system mounted and why?
There is usually one outdoor omni-directional antenna mounted on a rooftop, if said rooftop is approximately in the center of the area to be covered.
A repeating or Wi-Fi node may be needed to boost the RF in location because most RV’s have metal siding thus blocking the RF Wi-Fi signal.
What is included in my P2MP System?
Usually a Wi-Fi amplifier is included at the ISP or central location to help penetrate RV’s, Buildings, Boat Hulls, or other obstacles that can weaken the Wi-Fi signal.
Along with a Wi-Fi amplifier (Usually), our systems come with:
- 1 or 2 watt (depending on the surface area to be covered) 2.4 Ghz Outdoor Transceiver in an aluminum case.
- 12 VDC Power Injector in an aluminum case
- 110/240 Power Supply
- 7dBi Omni-Directional Antenna with mounting hardware
- 25 or 50 foot low loss cable
- An adapter cable
- (Optional) You can also add one (or multiple) Apple Extreme Base Station(s) to your system