Upgrade Your Older Mac to the Fastest Wi-Fi Standard Available, 802.11ac
If you have an older MacBook, MacBook Pro or MacBook Air, the built-in AirPort card is only able to use the 802.11n wireless standard, which is both approximately half the speed of 802.11ac and limited in its ability to connect to wireless networks. QuickerTek’s 2.0/3.0 USB acQuicky comes with the newly released Wi-Fi standard, 802.11 ac, as well as provides the ability to connect to twice as many networks as internal Apple airport cards. Of course, our acQuicky is backward compatible with older 802.11a/b/g/n standards; this handy little product can be used to upgrade any Mac that has a USB port running OS 10.4.x to 10.10.x.
To use, simply install our supplied software, then plug the acQuicky into any USB port on your Mac. Your Mac will need to be running OS 10.4.x – 10.10.x. Your computer will then be able to connect to any wireless access point whether made by Apple or any other third party wireless access points.
What’s in the box:
- CD containing driver software
- Instruction manual
- Download drivers 10.5-10.9
- Download drivers 10.10
Specifications and Features:
- Enables any MacBook, MacBook Pro or MacBook Air with OS 10.4.x to 10.10.x to use the 802.11ac WiFi standard
- Connects to any 802.11 a/b/g/n access point, as well as 802.11 ac
- 4″ x 1.25″ x 1″ without antenna (Aluminum Case)
- Can hook on the back of your screen or anywhere you have a USB port
- Weight: 3.2 ounces with antenna
- USB 2.0/3.0